This is a quick fix, delete profile and recreate. Not recommended for sites that have large number of clients as helpdesk will need to personally "touch" each instance of profile corruption.
You can quite easily fix this problem yourself, follow these steps give below:
- Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click Change settings.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Under User Profiles, click Settings.
- In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete, and then click OK.
- Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image, type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then expand the following registry subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- Right-click the SID that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
- Log on to the computer and create a new profile.