- Start the Server Manager (click Start, click Run, and then type CompMgmtLauncher).
- In the tree view, select Roles, then in the Roles pane click Add Roles.
- In the Add Roles Wizard, click Select Server Roles, select the Web Service (IIS) check box, click Next, and then click Next again.At this time you may see a message box Add features required for Web Server (IIS)? Click Add Required Features.
- In the Select Role Services window, make sure that the following services are selected:
- Common HTTP Features (including Static Content)
- ASP.NET, ISAPI Extensions, and ISAPI Features (under Application Development)
- Windows Authentication (under Security)
- IIS Metabase Compatibility (under Management Tools, expand IIS 6 Management Compatibility)
- Click Next, and then review your selections.
- Click Install.
Friday, March 26, 2010
WSUS 3.0 SP2 on Windows Web Server 2008 R2
To install IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008